I
just finished this book too. I told you I was a voracious reader!
It
is by Kathy Hirsh-Pasek, Ph.D. and Roberta Michnick Golinkoff, Ph.D.
The
book debunks all the hype about getting your kids to learn reading,
writing, and arithmetic at a very early age. A great book to give new
or soon to be parents for sure! The only thing I didn't like was that
they kept giving credit to "evolution" and "nature"
to things that babies and young children do instinctively. I would
rather that they credit God, but that is my personal opinion.
Towards
the end they tout child care and how to pick a good one, which I'm
sure some people really need. I personally would rather children
(especially very small ones) stay with their mommies. But I guess not
everyone can do that.
Read
it, it is very good! It even gives you ways to help your kids learn
or test their knowledge on things. Very cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment