Saturday, March 3, 2007

My Thoughts On A Movie

I have really got to get back to writing here! I was just sitting here playing solitaire instead of writing...see now one of the boys is looking for me! Ahh!

Last night we watched the movie RV, with Robin Williams. Have you seen it? It just happened to be on TV just before dinner and (thanks to our awesome new cable box) we paused it and watched it after dinner.  At first we were thinking it was the worst movie ever made and I was sorely disappointed because I love Robin Williams. He is so funny! They ran into a family that drove all over the country in a bus with their three kids. They were Christians and they homeschooled their kids. The family was really backward (which was hilarious and reminded us of, well, us!) and the main characters were trying to get away from these awful people. We were so offended, but kept watching the movie. You have to finish it! And guess what? It was totally turned around at the end. The main characters realized they were jerks and that the family was different, but were really good people. The oldest son had all this school books out and one girl asked if he was studying for a vocational school and the boy says, "No, college". She says, "But you're 15 aren't you?" And he says, "Yeah, I skipped a couple grades. So did my sister.". They were great! The best was when the whole family broke into a song and dance routine at the beginning. The main characters were still in jerk mode so they were appalled. Funny that we were sitting there thinking, cool!

Anyway, I just had to share my thoughts on that movie. It was bad. If I had paid $8 a person to see it at the theater, I would have been angry. But it was cute. It had some great (and very predictable) bits. But the homeschool episode had to be shared with you all! 

No comments: