Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vacation Thoughts

My feelings about "camping" have changed since I moved out here to the desert. I used to feel like taking off in the tent trailer was a get-away. We were escaping, for however long, from the city and our crowded surroundings. When I returned I always felt a little sad to leave. I loved our house and our friends, but I loved being out and about in the world. I loved escaping from the neighbors, cars, and  noise. But now it's different. I love my home. I love being home. Taking off in the RV isn't an escape anymore, it's a sightseeing adventure. I love being out, but I'm happy to be on my way home. Driving into my town makes me smile to see familiar surroundings. When I get home, I'm happy to feel the wind and the dry air and to see my animals and garden. I feel at home.

No comments: