Yesterday we went to the Natural
History Museum in LA with my Grandpa! It was a wonderful day to be in
LA. I know, from me! But the wind was blowing and the sky was clear.
The city actually looked pretty.
It took us about an hour to get from my
Grandpa's house to the museum and almost two to get home. Yikes! We
left a little a little later than I had expected to.
The boys found a honey badger and guess what? Honey badger DON'T care!
It's like we were actually there!
Jake was worried about this "giant clam with a fluted shell that can weigh up to
a quarter of a ton" would eat him. I think it looks like wings!
Ancient Aztec wheels?
Tom explaining things to us.
Jake found a new friend, but I told him it wouldn't fit in his room.
Tom looking at his finger prints with the microscope.
Then he wanted to see Jake's eye!
Jake is afraid we may have "Jurassic Park" situation here.
Playing with some classifiers in the garden.
I really liked the garden. If you couldn't hear the traffic, trains, airplanes, and helicopters...it might even be peaceful. I did notice that they brought many things into the garden that we would have in our yard. Dead trees, wasp nests, bugs and things were all pointed out for kids to see. We're lucky we have the type of life that lets us just discover these things naturally.
I forgot how much I love that museum.
The boys and I used to go fairly often when we lived in Anaheim, and
I thought for sure Grandpa would enjoy it. He did! It's such a
beautiful building. The boys remembered it well.
I really enjoyed spending the day with
my Grandpa and my boys. It's kinda fun to think that they will have
so many good memories of time spent with their Great-Grandpa.
No comments:
Post a Comment