Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Milestone MX

Another awesome day at the track! Last night, the boys loaded the bikes so that we could get an earlier start. Next time, we'll do more and leave even earlier. Beat the heat and the traffic!

Jake warming up!
Tom getting his gear on.
And they hit the track! It's really hard to get good pictures of them riding. I have to zoom in a lot and they are moving fast. I got lots of pictures of empty track!
Jake racing his heart out!
And Tom doing the same!
Loading up the bikes.
And tying them down.

I'm liking this! They do almost all the work, although I'm in charge of food and helping them get their boots off and such, kinda like a production assistant! I talked with a Mom with a little guy that really could tear up the track. They've been racing for about year now. He's six! She gave me a website to a series that she started with. They had no background in MX either.

On the way home, we stopped for sandwiches and made plans for next week. More water, chairs, food, and maybe the shade.

There is a race in Adelanto next weekend that we are going to check out. At first, I thought they'd race it, but I think it would be better if we attended as if we were going to and take notes about what we need to do. It should be fun...if I don't melt. Eek! Summer!

No comments: