Every night at 7pm we go upstairs and get jamas on and brush our teeth. Then we read two stories and get in bed. Tom always goes to the bathroom again and Jake always needs a drink of water. Then I sit on the floor in their room and read while they go to sleep. Every night Jake falls asleep almost instantly. Tom tries really hard to stay awake. He makes little noises, kicks his feet, swings his arms around, just to keep him self awake. Every night I tell him to stop. I’ve tried ignoring him, but he only escalates it until I say something. Sometimes he tries to get his brother involved.
On
Wednesday night I went out with some of my friends. Dan put the boys
to bed that night. You would think that I had just told Tom that I
was going away forever! He melted when I told him what was going to
happen that night. The kid is a serious creature of habit. If he
doesn’t get a kiss from Dad in the right place on his cheek before
he goes to bed, he has a cow for an hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment