Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Stuff

Tom is now giving us a hard time about going to school in the morning. Yesterday he really got to me. He has had a head cold and I know he isn’t feeling all that great, but he is fine after school to run around and play. This morning was different though. He was fine about getting ready for school, ate breakfast, was happy and awake as can be, but when I said “Go to the bathroom. It is almost time to leave.” He melted. Suddenly his nose was stuffy and he was coughing and tired. I think it has more to do with playing xbox with his brother before school. Tomorrow I’m going to try keeping that off until after everyone leaves for school.
 
Today, Tom is going to have his first substitute teacher! He told me about it yesterday. Miss Riley has such a bad cold too that she has completely lost her voice. I can’t imagine how she ran her class with no voice. But her class is so sweet. I’m sure they took care of her. Nikki teased Tom about subs drinking blood and that kind of stuff. Dan used to tell her how you are supposed to give them a hard time in class. I thought she would do the same thing for Tom, but she made it gorey! L Tom didn’t believe it anyway.

So it is just me and Jake again, now. He is playing Battlefront on Xbox, SURPRISE! I can’t take a shower yet because there is no hot water yet. We have a playdate at Kathy’s this morning and then the boys and I are going to Disneyland after school.

Julie called last night and told us that she was going to be in Riverside today and the person that was supposed to pick up Nikki at school couldn’t, so if we couldn’t pick her up then we better not send her to school. Dan is going to pick her up. Then take her to Janell’s. 

I wanted to add that I am working on finishing the drywall and paint in the kitchen. Dan took out the floor last weekend and is working on putting down a new sub-floor and then some laminate wood he found at Costco. Maybe, just maybe, it will look as if it is finished some time soon! ;) The funny part is that I am working on it a little at a time. I go in before I get a shower and sand some of it and fill any holes, or paint a section. Then I go get a shower and go about my day. I get about a couple feet done every day. I think it is working out great. I only spend about 20 to 30 minutes on it a day!

I’m just so full of thought and I have time to write things down!

I just hate being so scheduled! I have to be up at the same time every day and pick up Tom every day. Entertaining Jake is a pain. Complain, complain! I revisit homeschooling and think about the greatness of a lack of schedule. But is that what would be really good for all of us or just what is easier for me? Poor Jake is so bored. I keep thinking we have to do this for another year and a half before Jake starts school. And then it is back and forth between two pick up times for a year until Jake starts 1st grade. Crazy isn’t it? How I can be so gung-ho and a month later be ready to give it all up? Sounds a lot like my 20’s! I used to do the same thing when I was working. Probably why I loved entertainment so much, it was always changing. Dan hates that. He likes to know what is going to happening and when. Me? I’d rather fly around changing things. What would I do with my life if I had no where to be and no one to entertain? No work to go to, no family to make happy or take care of? It sure would be weird!
 

No comments: