Thursday, August 10, 2006

In the background

I thought I would write a little about our day and I hear my sons screaming "Boom! I'm gonna kill you! Bam Bam!", but they are in a cheerful voice and giggling is following the statements, not crying. I'm going to assume this is all some kind of loud game.
 
This morning my friend turned me on to www.postcrossing.com This thing is awesome! You register with them and they send you an address to mail a post card to. You do and when that person gets their card, someone sends you one. I signed us up right away and we got a boy in the Netherlands that loves Disney. So a trip was in order. We walked to Downtown Disney and bought two postcards from the Disney Store. We got lunch while we were there. I had to listen to quite a few complaints about not getting to go into Disneyland. Our passes aren't good again for another week, when summer is over. The we played at the Lego Store for awhile. We walked to the Disneyland Hotel and checked out the waterfalls and koi and mailed the postcards from the hotel lobby. The walk home was excruciating. It was getting really hot and the boys had just about had it with this walking stuff. In all we probably walked 3 miles, which is a LOT for a 4 and 5 year old and their fat mom!

We are home now and they have got their second wind! They are wild and crazy and running around the living room. Now I need to find them something to do. Maybe a little sprinkler action in the backyard will wear them out!

For those of you with weak hearts, the boys just came downstairs dressed in full King Arthur attire and "galloped" out to the back yard for a battle. That must have been what the "I'm going to kill you" was about.


No comments: