Ok, maybe not DAILY, but I’m doing the best I can. Sometimes I
can’t find a minute to sit here and write this out and other
times…well, the day is so boring, what could I write about? Today
was not boring!
This morning we got moving. The boys
do so much better when we have our lessons in the morning and then
spend the rest of the day playing. So I got up and got my chores done
and got on the lessons. Bible study, Reading, Copy Work, and then the
DHL guy came with our cool new science book and the boys HAD to have
science NOW! We got Real Science 4 Kids – Chemistry Pre-Level I. It
is great! Today we described two objects while just looking at them
and then we got out the magnifying glass and took a closer look. Once
again the boys showed how different their personalities are. Jake had
many descriptive words, including ones about taste. He ate the apple,
felt the apple, looked at the apple, all the while telling me all the
different things he noticed. He even drew a picture. Then I went to
Tom. “What do you mean describe it? You can see it?” he says. So
I start asking questions to get him to really think. He traced both
of his objects. He wanted to read the book. So we did. It told us
about atoms and what they are. He was delighted. They spent the rest
of the day asking each other what things were made of and when one
answered “wood” or “metal” the other would say “no,
atoms!”.
We went to our weekly park day with
our group and that proved to be beneficial. It was hotter today than
yesterday, but the clouds had gone away, so it was nice. Every time I
got hot, the boys would run over and squirt me with the sprayer. We
were there almost 3 hours today!
When we got home the boys jumped in
the pool as usual. When they got out we finished our Math and
Literature lesson (we are reading and re-telling Aesop’s Fables).
Then Dad came out of his office and we ordered Pizza! Yay! We watched
Mythbusters and Pee-Wee’s Playhouse. The boys had to go out to the
yard and hang from the tree some more while I watered the plants.
Now Jake is on the front porch because
he is drawing something that he needs to see the front of the house
to do. Tom is playing Ping Pong with the TV, crazy game. Me? I’m
ready for bed, but it is too hot upstairs to even think about it yet.
Yuck!
No comments:
Post a Comment