Thursday, November 6, 2008

Update Update Update

Well this week has turned out to be a barrel of monkeys! Poor Nikki complained of a itchy bug bite on Monday and I put some neosporen on it and a bandaid. On Wednesday, she went to the school nurse because it was bleeding. The nurse said it looked like a staph infection and they had already had a few cases of it this year. You gotta love public schools. Anyway, Dan took her to the doctor on the way home from school and he gave her some antibiotics and told her how to take care of it. She came in limping from that. She is home from school again today and tomorrow. She can't go back to school until a doctor clears it. I worry about her and the stress of trying to catch up. I wish we could just ditch the whole going in to school thing. But sadly, that is not an option right now. We are going back to the doctor tomorrow to have them look at it. It is pretty darn gross, that is for sure.

The boys have been seriously addicted to "addictinggames.com" the past couple weeks. I've been pretty concerned about tearing them away from the computer but then I realized that it may just be up to me to take their attention away from it for awhile. I thinking this because I tend to get really stuck on those games as well and when I do, I try to force myself to do something else, get out of the house, clean, anything. Once I'm away from it for a bit, I don't feel the pull to sit down at the computer as badly. I'm hoping this will help them as well. If were a game on the Wii or some other thing, I wouldn't be so worried about it. These games are on the internet and are serious time stealers. I know it because I play them too. Besides, there are all kinds of very strange things on those sites, mostly ads and inappropriate stuff for kids.

My Mom came to visit us for the afternoon. That was fun. We went out to have lunch at the new Shakey's down the street. It is a pretty nice restaurant. I forgot how good Shakey's pizza is. :) The kids liked it, even Nik came along. They played some video games and Jake charmed the girl at the counter to give him a toy that cost more than the tickets he won. It was pretty cute to watch from afar.

Now, I'm just waiting for Tom to get out of the tub. We are going to hit the hay a little early tonight. I'm tired and so is Dan. He likes to read to the boys before bed, but lately he has been too tired to read much at all.

3 comments:

Karies place said...

Sorry to hear about your dd's bug bite. I hope it gets better soon.

And yes, those types of online games always seem to have inappropriate ads on them.

Get some rest.

Karie

Karies place said...

"Dentists!! I've always hated dentists and recently found the perfect one (thanks to a close friend). Don't worry about missing book work! ;) It isn't as important as most people think."


Yeah, they're not my most favorite either. Dh and I have had a few that were less than desirable. Thankfully this one is VERY good and has a sense of humor. So we felt good taking the kids there. He was so good with them. Explained everything to them and was just very good.

Yeah, I know book work is over rated, but I sure feel better when we've done some. Guess there's always next week lol.

Thanks for commenting.

Karie

Anonymous said...

Ahh I thought the bite looked pretty gross when Nikki showed us on Sunday. Hope it gets better :x

Thanks for the comment on my blog. :)

-Christine