It has been a great day! I got some chores done this morning, put away some of the Christmas decorations to make room for our New Year's Eve party. This will be my first New Year's party. I have always worked at Knott's or Disneyland on New Year's Eve and then I had small babies and never wanted to stay up late. Then we spent a couple years going to the movies and last year we were in Death Valley. This year I wanted to have a party and some of my friends are coming! Yay! Man, I am such a nerd.
ANYWAY! I took the boys to their Karate class today and they enjoyed that. Jake got a bit silly by the end of the hour because it was getting hard. We talked about what it means to be in "school". They were confused because we are taking a karate class, so doesn't that mean that they DO go to school. I told them there is a difference between wanting to know more about a subject and taking class to learn it, and going to a school and learning many subjects they have no interest. Technically, they do go to "school". It is a private school and we learn anything and everything we want. Tom commented that if he finds something interesting or has a question he asks me about it and we find out together. I told him that Dad and Nikki and I are also students at our school because we are always learning new things the same way they do. Tom wanted to know what it meant when someone asks what they've been learning. I told them the answer would be to talk about the books they are reading or the classes they are taking. And he could always ask them about current events and talk about that.
I dropped Nikki off at my Mom's work this afternoon so that they could have dinner and go see a movie together. Mom wanted to show her where she works and have her meet her friends. They still aren't home. My Mom called around dinner time and said they were having sushi for dinner and were having a lot of fun.
1 comment:
Your boys' question sounds like my 5dd. She has never been inside a school building and so at times pretends she is going to school. I keep hoping it'll continue to just be this pretend school. She is just stubborn enough to make a fuss. Thankfully she is 1 yr ahead already and would be bored to tears in regular school.
Post a Comment