That's right! We went fishing in the desert. A couple times driving around I've seen a sign that said "Joshua Tree Lake RV & Campground" and always wanted to go check it out. We did that yesterday. We dropped off some things at the thrift store, stopped at the post office, and got some fishing supplies at Walmart. Then we drove out to that lake.
It was very nice. A guy met us at the car and told us all about the place. We paid to fish and went to find a spot. There was another man fishing there and he showed the boys how to use their new poles. He gave them some worms because he said that the fish here love them. We didn't catch anything. It was hot and late and we were ready for some lunch so we left.
This morning, Tom really wanted to go try again. I wasn't up to it because I had so much work around the house to do and it was going to be hot there again. But they both convinced me that they would help me if we went fishing first. So off we went. It was much cooler there today since it was only 10am when we got there. We bought some worms and I broke down and helped put them on. Yuck! I'm getting used to it though and I even took fish off hooks! :) I caught one and Jake caught one. And Tom was so proud because he finally caught a fish and then he caught another one while another little boy was watching. We couldn't bring them home because it is spawning time, it's catch and release only for a couple months (must really mess up the mood underwater though). So it was a good fishing day.
My favorite comment today was Tom telling me to feel the negative and positive G's as we went over the dips in the road on the way to the lake (we call them whoopdy doo's). They did help me a little. But they were so sweet to think of helping out so that they could do something fun.
It was very nice. A guy met us at the car and told us all about the place. We paid to fish and went to find a spot. There was another man fishing there and he showed the boys how to use their new poles. He gave them some worms because he said that the fish here love them. We didn't catch anything. It was hot and late and we were ready for some lunch so we left.
This morning, Tom really wanted to go try again. I wasn't up to it because I had so much work around the house to do and it was going to be hot there again. But they both convinced me that they would help me if we went fishing first. So off we went. It was much cooler there today since it was only 10am when we got there. We bought some worms and I broke down and helped put them on. Yuck! I'm getting used to it though and I even took fish off hooks! :) I caught one and Jake caught one. And Tom was so proud because he finally caught a fish and then he caught another one while another little boy was watching. We couldn't bring them home because it is spawning time, it's catch and release only for a couple months (must really mess up the mood underwater though). So it was a good fishing day.
My favorite comment today was Tom telling me to feel the negative and positive G's as we went over the dips in the road on the way to the lake (we call them whoopdy doo's). They did help me a little. But they were so sweet to think of helping out so that they could do something fun.
3 comments:
Looks like some serious fishing.
Woo-hoo on the fishing! Happy Mother's Day!
Looks like great fun!
Have a Happy Mother's Day
Post a Comment