Ok, so I'm not doing so well with the "blog every day" idea. But at least I'm trying. I have two topics today, schedules and heat.
Do you schedule your day? I don't work (at a paying job anyway) and the boys don't go to school, so there is nothing that needs to be scheduled around here. Nikki and I have worked out a good schedule for her school work at Laurel Springs and that gave me an idea. If I can work out one for her, why can't I do one for myself? Maybe I would actually do more of the Rosetta Stone Spanish, or finish my online Bible Study, if I scheduled time each day to do these things. I feel like I go from thing to thing that needs to be done all day and I end up not having time to read, study, or write. I'm going to try it!
How about the heat?! You know, people laughed when I said I was moving to the desert because they know how much I hate being hot. If it got about 75 degrees, I started to complain. By the end of September, I was miserably hot. I felt like I was drowning in a pool of sweat and I couldn't breathe. But here, it is different. Today I was out in the new RV (more about that later) and there is a thermometer in it. It said it was 92 degrees! I was cleaning out the RV and making things nice, but I didn't feel hot. I mean I was cool, but I wasn't uncomfortable. The wind was blowing nice. When I got back in the house, I checked the thermometer inside and it said it was 86 degrees inside. Wow! I was vacuuming and playing on the Wii. Usually, I just sit in front of a fan and cry when it gets that hot. Now the sun went down and the windows are all open. There is a cool breeze playing through the house. It's nice. I think I'm going to like this desert place. Oh, by the way, I put the thermometer on the porch and it said it was 117 in the sun. Yikes!
Ok, one more thing. We got a new RV!! Yay!! It is new to us anyway. It is an '86 Ford Fleetwood. Very nice. It is so great! I love it. Dan has been working on it feverishly to get it in vacation condition. I have been making new curtains for it with cool desert camo cloth. The old ones were falling apart. I've cleaned it all out. The old owner left all his stuff inside, even food and shoes! The place was pretty gross. But it runs well, and there are no leaks, so it was a good deal. We all can't wait to go on our first trip in it. I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow and post them for you to see. Now we are all trying to figure out a good name for her. I said we should call it the Thunder Home. Nikki says Mac. Dad said we should call it the RV or better yet the camper. What do you think?
4 comments:
I say call it Willie after Willie Nelson - "On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again..."
Glad you are loving the desert. It was really hot here yesterday and I did not like it.
I dont work on a schedule but what i do is a list of things to do. I dont do well with schedules... I'm too free spirited i guess. I just try to fit in as many as I can and if it doesnt bah! I put things that must be done at the top of the list and the rest depending on urgency. That way i'm not suck to such a ridged time frame. I'm awful with time...
I'm glad that youre not dieing in the heat over there.
We're missing you over here!! You're in our thoughts and prayers!!
You have to name your camper otherwise how will you be able to tell it from the refrigerator! Make it a project for the kids, don't forget you are making memories. Some day they will recall fondly the name you gave your camper. Bonnie said our camper looked like a piece of shit, we settled for Grungy.
roflol I like the "Willie" idea :)
Schedule: Yes and no. Yes, I have a Flylady.net inspired list of activities that I plan to do each day. When I'm not getting enough me time I add it in and make sure I get it. I've used it for things like gardening, reading, sewing exercising, bubble-baths, meditation. I have a moderation problem so if I'm reading (or sewing) everything else gets dropped. This should be a link to the blog post I did on it awhile back Maia's Reality: Flying Update ... not that I've kept up the pace. Having it on the fridge to mark off and track weekly helps me get it all done over the course of the week.
Weather! WOW I'm impressed you stayed comfortable in the desert. We hit 102 here in SC on Monday according to the most local report at Weather Underground. I about lost my marbles. I don't do heat and that sort of heat doesn't happen down very often (less than once a year)
Have a wonderful week!
Post a Comment