Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What day is it?

I must be losing my mind because I could not remember what day it was for a good five minutes. It is Wednesday right? I'm sure it is now. The trash truck came. That was how I started my day, by throwing on my shoes and running out to get the trash can out to the road. They really should put bigger wheels on trash cans that are out on a dirt road in the desert, don't you think?

The weather man (I should say weather website) said it was going to rain today, but it never did. It was a lot colder than yesterday, but it never rained. A large grey cloud floated over the valley, but that was it. So sad. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have to look at the weather report online say it will rain each week. Now it says thunderstorms for Friday. I will believe it when I see it. And I would like to see it!

Today was pretty darn uneventful. I'm starting to want to find some people to see out here. There is a park day and 4H out here that I'm going to try out next week. I'm praying about it. I'm terrible with new people. It took me almost a year to feel comfortable to be myself at my park day in Orange. I miss them! But it is time to make some new friends. 4H sounds promising. I talked to a woman about joining and she directed me to a dog training thing they are doing next week. Perfect. Animals we already have! And the monthly meeting is in May. The best part is that it is right here in town and not an hour away. Yay!

We had a great dinner and then went for a long walk around the neighborhood. It was windy and cold and my ears and nose stung the whole time we were walking, but it was still fun. I still can't believe we actually LIVE out here. Dan was talking about how he has been dreaming about living in the desert since he was in Jr. High. He seems very happy and relaxed here. :)

4 comments:

Karies place said...

I've done that, forgotten what day, until something like your garbage truck incident happens. Then, once it dawns on me, I feel like I've lost a day even though it has just started.

The Four Week Vegan said...

Just go right in and be yourself - who else can you be? I hope the parkday goes well - it better not be on Mondays though ;)

DAD said...

You ever go into a room and forget what you went in there for, I did that, stood there for a full minute then I saw the toilet and remembered why I was there. Here's some words of wisdom from your old man, "always, no never, shit never mind, you think you got problems"

DAD said...

I'm going to help you out, I'm going to give you the title for your next blog entry then you just write something that will make the title make sense. No need to thank me, I know, I'm a genius huh. Here's your title, "STAR WARS IV A NEW HOPE" glad I could help, you know this ones just going to write itself!