Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day One!

We are on our way! Yay! Finally! We decided to leave Friday afternoon and just get to Old Dale and spend the night there, then leave early in the morning for Kingman, AZ. It was hot when we got there, but it was windy and the sun was going down. We killed some cans and had beans and wienies. We went to bed, Tom and Jake started coughing. Jake took some Nyquil and sat up in a chair for awhile, finally fell asleep there. Tom kept hacking away. I convinced him to take some Nyquil too. He doesn't like to take it because it makes him feel crappy tired in the morning, but he wasn't going to go to sleep this way either and neither was I. Now the wind stopped. It was stifling hot. Tom and I sat up reading for awhile until the medicine kicked in. We had wet towel draped over us! Tom finally stopped coughing and I went to try to sleep. Tom wanted to sleep in the chair. Later in the night, around 2am, he came and took my towel away mumbling something about needing it. He was sleep walking. I directed him to bed and he was out for the night. It was cooler. The wind was blowing again and we all needed a blanket. Crazy!

 My own personal sun tea maker!

Tom is the sharp shooter of the family.

No comments: