Wednesday, it finally got over 100 degrees. Wow! It's officially summer and won't get below 90 for the next three months. But, after spending the last two summers in the desert, 90 is not bad at all. It's the up over 100's that are icky, especially when they have a bit of moisture with them.
Yesterday, I was sick. I felt completely exhausted. So I slept all day. I mean, really, all day. Got up for some dinner and watched "Michael Moore Hates America" with the family and then went back to bed and slept in this morning until 6am. By the way, that movie was VERY uplifting and really made us happy to watch. A couple weeks ago we watch "Bowling for Columbine". It was such a depressing movie and really gave nothing to the world but fear and loathing for our fellow Americans. Dan looked into a lot of the numbers that guy gave during the movie and none of them were accurate. And they showed this horrible "history" cartoon that was a blatant lie. Then, watching this movie, we see all the other things that were twisted around and lied about. The worst was watching interviews with people who love the movie and love Michael Moore's point. When asked what they would think if many of the statistics and interviews were false or misleading in the movie, they just said they wouldn't mind if that's what he has to do to get his point across. Seriously?! I about fell over. I don't know how many times we have been reading something, or watching something on TV and thought (out loud) I hope he's not exaggerating or misleading me because I really want to believe him. If he's lying about this, what else isn't true? Apparently there are many people out there that don't care about integrity and it just made me sad. There were so many scenes in Mike Wilson's movie that made you really happy to live in America though, that it made up for the stuff that made you think people were just evil. You left the movie thinking good thoughts, ready to make the world a better place because we all have that opportunity in the USA.
Ok, I'm done.
This morning there was a red headed woodpecker poking around in a yucca in the back yard. I love the way they sound. They make sound much like a prairie dog barking. I'll have to refill my hummingbird feeder. They love that thing!
Yesterday, I was sick. I felt completely exhausted. So I slept all day. I mean, really, all day. Got up for some dinner and watched "Michael Moore Hates America" with the family and then went back to bed and slept in this morning until 6am. By the way, that movie was VERY uplifting and really made us happy to watch. A couple weeks ago we watch "Bowling for Columbine". It was such a depressing movie and really gave nothing to the world but fear and loathing for our fellow Americans. Dan looked into a lot of the numbers that guy gave during the movie and none of them were accurate. And they showed this horrible "history" cartoon that was a blatant lie. Then, watching this movie, we see all the other things that were twisted around and lied about. The worst was watching interviews with people who love the movie and love Michael Moore's point. When asked what they would think if many of the statistics and interviews were false or misleading in the movie, they just said they wouldn't mind if that's what he has to do to get his point across. Seriously?! I about fell over. I don't know how many times we have been reading something, or watching something on TV and thought (out loud) I hope he's not exaggerating or misleading me because I really want to believe him. If he's lying about this, what else isn't true? Apparently there are many people out there that don't care about integrity and it just made me sad. There were so many scenes in Mike Wilson's movie that made you really happy to live in America though, that it made up for the stuff that made you think people were just evil. You left the movie thinking good thoughts, ready to make the world a better place because we all have that opportunity in the USA.
Ok, I'm done.
This morning there was a red headed woodpecker poking around in a yucca in the back yard. I love the way they sound. They make sound much like a prairie dog barking. I'll have to refill my hummingbird feeder. They love that thing!
1 comment:
Now I have to go watch that movie! Love your blog.
Post a Comment