Grr....trying to do my morning study and my sweet husband got on the phone to work. Usually he is back in his room to do that, but the boys are still asleep so he's in the living room. The problem is that while the boys are asleep is when I do most of my study time. I need absolute quiet to read. When I hear other things (especially talking) I can't read a word. It's terrible. But I listen to audio classes and such while the boys are up and around because I can listen to something and knit without missing anything. Weird, huh?
This is what jumped out at me during my bible reading this morning. It's 2 Timothy 2:20-21. "Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor. Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work."
It isn't what the vessel is made of that is important, the fact that it is clean and whole that makes it useful. We are God's vessels in this world. We all look different and have different personalities and talents. But we are all useful to God in some way. Our form determines our purpose but none is less useful than another. We only need to remain clean and whole to useful in this world. And to be clean and whole means to be practicing our morals and knowing our principles, in essence being good people.
I'm sitting here on the shelf waiting to be used by my Master in His house! :)
This is what jumped out at me during my bible reading this morning. It's 2 Timothy 2:20-21. "Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor. Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work."
It isn't what the vessel is made of that is important, the fact that it is clean and whole that makes it useful. We are God's vessels in this world. We all look different and have different personalities and talents. But we are all useful to God in some way. Our form determines our purpose but none is less useful than another. We only need to remain clean and whole to useful in this world. And to be clean and whole means to be practicing our morals and knowing our principles, in essence being good people.
I'm sitting here on the shelf waiting to be used by my Master in His house! :)
1 comment:
Awesome, Michelle. This post was very timely for me. Many blessings ... and may you also have many quiet quiet times :)
Post a Comment