We left Klamath Falls this morning around 9am and headed down 97 to Weed, California! That is a beautiful drive. Dad had a call to make for work at 11, so we wanted to be stopped somewhere for that. The kids and I went to see the Weed Museum. Yes, there is one! But it isn't what you think. It is all about the history of the town. A really nice gentleman showed us around and the kids had fun asking him all kinds of questions. There was a carbon arc projector there! We went to the "mall" and looked around, got some cookies and a cool old "Red Ryder" book. Then we had lunch in the camper.
We made it back to Castle Crags to park for the night. It is hot! Oh man! The boys and I were fools and walked down to the ranger station to pay our fees. The walk was nice, but it was so hot and we were exhausted when we got back.
Tom used his tinder box to start us a fire and we cooked our corn and steak on it. He was pretty proud of that. Jake built a bridge across a dry creek nearby. Nikki is lost in a book. Now Jake is drawing pictures...again.
Tomorrow, we are thinking about heading straight home and only stopping for some rest on the way. I think we are getting cabin fever and it is only a matter of time before someone (ME) explodes. :))
Oh and Tom has decided he wants to fix arcade games after a long talk with a man at the burger stand. I'm going to try to get him someone to shadow with. That should be fun!
We made it back to Castle Crags to park for the night. It is hot! Oh man! The boys and I were fools and walked down to the ranger station to pay our fees. The walk was nice, but it was so hot and we were exhausted when we got back.
Tom used his tinder box to start us a fire and we cooked our corn and steak on it. He was pretty proud of that. Jake built a bridge across a dry creek nearby. Nikki is lost in a book. Now Jake is drawing pictures...again.
Tomorrow, we are thinking about heading straight home and only stopping for some rest on the way. I think we are getting cabin fever and it is only a matter of time before someone (ME) explodes. :))
Oh and Tom has decided he wants to fix arcade games after a long talk with a man at the burger stand. I'm going to try to get him someone to shadow with. That should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment