Saturday, August 20, 2011

Giving up a Book

We started reading "The Green Hill of Nendrum" by J.S. Andrews a few weeks ago. The cover drew us in and the description seemed promising, but reading it out loud became tedious. We got about 40 pages into it and finally gave up. I'm not sure why we weren't liking it exactly. Maybe because we couldn't relate to the story of a sea-faring boy from Ireland. But we couldn't see slogging through a book that just wasn't catching us. We've moved on to "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NHIM". I love that movie!

The boys went out to Old Dale to shoot the new gun with Dan this morning, even in this heat. We watched "Apocolapse Now". Bad idea, now I'm bummered. And now they are taking turns riding the quad around the driveway. Too hot for me though!

I'm inside writing this and then I'm going back to my knitting. I bought all of the yarn in the color I needed from Wal-mart a couple weeks ago and started a project. I knew I would need more but it wasn't any special yarn, so I figured they would get more soon. It's been two weeks and the spot is still empty. I should have known. The store out here is notorious for empty shelves. Grr...

3 comments:

Dad said...

So you took a look at a book and it didn't took so you booked.

Michelle said...

Ok, Dr. Seuss! :)

Michelle said...

Ok, Dr. Seuss! :)