Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy new "school" year!

Today is the first day of Liberty Academy's 2011/2012 school year! Our school has two students in attendance, both of which had perfect attendance last year AND completed all the requirements to pass on to the next grade. It's really a paperwork day for me. I've updated everything to this current "school year" and filed away last years attendance record and course of study. I love reading over it and realizing how much of the typical course of study we cover without even thinking about it.

It's a most wonderful day in the desert today. The humidity has gone away so the evening was cool and the sky is clear blue again. The swamp coolers will do wonders today! It may be too hot to work in the sun, but the shade is marvelous and coming indoors is a relief. I can't stand the humidity, can you tell?

I finished my Austrian Economics class this week. Yesterday was our last online discussion. That class was worth all the time I put into it. If we all had more education about economics, I can't imagine what our country would get done! I'm looking forward to the next class, but for now I went back to my Plutarch and I'm reading about Caesar right now. That guy was a amazing!

No comments: