Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Hot One

It was 108 degrees on my front porch this morning...in the shade. Yuck! I can't complain though. It's been a pretty nice summer so far. I guess we will have to put up with a little extreme heat. It figures though that the motor went out on the swamp cooler yesterday. Dan fixed it though and it's running fine now.

My happy thought for the day is that I love it when my boys drop what they are doing and come running when I ask for help with housework. They may not have a list of things to do every day or do anything on their own really, but if I ask for a hand they are always cheerful with the help they give. Gotta love 'em.

The boys went to the movies with Grandma Ann today to see the new Planet of the Apes. They said it was awesome, except for the previews. There was a preview for Paranormal 3. They said it was a preview that you have to close your eyes, plug your ears, and sing a happy song over. While they were gone, I played Crash on the Wii! I was sitting there zooming through levels and noticed a bunny hop by outside the window. When I looked to see where he was going I noticed three more under the bushes. We have the water run off from the swamp coolers down there and they were all laying around in the wet sand. I watched them stretch up high to get some green and pull it down. They scratched a bit in the sand to uncover the cool and then stretch out on their bellies. It was adorable!

I went out to water my garden today and found a dead snake there. He got in there somehow and I guess he couldn't get out and died of the heat during the day. Poor guy. He had a black head and a long pink tail. Just little. I guess I'll check the garden in the AM as well as the evening so it doesn't happen again. I hate it when animals die because of my garden. I don't mind the boys killing squirrels but a snake getting stuck bothers me. Even if he was so dumb he couldn't get out. Survival of the fittest, I guess.

No comments: