Or really, a few good books. Who can get just one?! They arrived in the mail yesterday. I ordered "Physics for Entertainment" by Yakov Perelman and I'm loving it. Lots of cool stuff explained in a fun way. Yesterday he explained why you can't just drop a brick from a plane with a note on it and have it land on your friends house. The boys quickly told me that's why they have these cool sights on bombers. And there was another one about jumping up and the earth rotating under you. It won't work that way! Something about you cannot change the laws of physics man! :)) The boys swear that the train does move under you and you land in another place because they've tried it but I say they didn't jump straight up but rather back or forward a little.
The other books were more "Fudge" books, the ones by Judy Blume. Tom and Jake love those and they didn't have two of them at the bookstore the last time we were there. It's funny to watch them read those and joke about them together. I remember them from when I was a kid.
Today I built a Tetrahedron kite. I showed the boys what I was doing. They were interested in the shapes but not so much with the tying and glueing. It was a bit time consuming and fine motor skilled for them. But they were interested in trying to fly it. It wouldn't go up though. Maybe some fine tuning by Dad and some stronger wind will get it going later. We shall see. I got the directions here - http://gw011.k12.sd.us/buildingkite.htm
Let's see, what else. Grocery store. Laundry. Cleaned the bathroom. What Dan likes to call my "regular chores". It makes me happy when the boys see laundry folded on my bed and they put it away.
It's hot. I'm tired of hot. Summer is boring. Can't wait for it to cool off and we can go out to park days again and enjoy people's company for a change!
No comments:
Post a Comment