Here is the review I wrote on Goodreads...
"An amazing book! So much different than the story you see in the movies. I wonder why the movie makers changed the monsters character so much. Would a thinking, feeling monster be too hard to create on screen?
Would the monster have been different had someone shown him some kindness? He wanted so much to be a part of the beauty he was brought into, but no one, not even his creator, would even look at him. Touching. No one could condone his behavior, but can we understand his feelings?"
The book was published in 1818 when Mary Shelley was only 18 years old. She led a strange life and I'd love to learn more about her.
"An amazing book! So much different than the story you see in the movies. I wonder why the movie makers changed the monsters character so much. Would a thinking, feeling monster be too hard to create on screen?
Would the monster have been different had someone shown him some kindness? He wanted so much to be a part of the beauty he was brought into, but no one, not even his creator, would even look at him. Touching. No one could condone his behavior, but can we understand his feelings?"
The book was published in 1818 when Mary Shelley was only 18 years old. She led a strange life and I'd love to learn more about her.
No comments:
Post a Comment